Danziger's was a legendary Franklin Street candy shop and restaurant. It was opened in 1939 by Edward G. Danziger, a confectioner from Vienna who a few years earlier had fled his native Austria ahead of the Nazi occupation. The candy shop and cafe at 153 East Franklin Street soon became a popular date spot with students. The success of the candy shop enabled Danziger and his family to open several other restaurants in town, including the Zoom Zoom Room and the Ram's Head Rathskeller.
Date Established: 1939
Date Range: 1939 – Present