
Parker Residence Hall
Parker Residence Hall opened 1958, at the same time as nearby Avery and Teague dorms. Originally all male, Parker became a women's dorm starting in 1968. It is named for John J. Parker, a lawyer and judge. Parker graduated from UNC in 1907 and went on to a long and successful legal career. In 19...
Read more
Wilson Hall
Opened in 1940, Wilson is located on a hill near the corner of South Road and Columbia Street, described as "one of the most beautiful natural grounds for a building" on campus. It was built to house classrooms, laboratories, and offices for the Department of Biology and was expanded in 1965...
Read more
Koury Oral Health Sciences Bui
Koury Oral Health Sciences Building opened in 2012 as a teaching and research facility for the School of Dentistry. The building is one of several spaces on campus named for alumnus Maurice J. Koury. A successful business leader in the textile industry, Koury first became involved with the School of...
Read more
ROTC
The university began a Reserve Officer Training Program on campus in fall 1940, when the U.S. Navy placed a ROTC unit on campus. The new unit came at a time when, faced with the possibility of the United States entering World War II, the university took a more direct role in military preparation, in...
Read more


