George Watts Hill Alumni Center
In 1993, after several years of construction, the General Alumni Association dedicated the George Watts Hill Alumni Center, located on Stadium Drive. The center was designed to be used both as a gathering place for alumni and as an event center. It houses the offices for the Alumni Association, including the Alumni Review, and alumni records. The building includes a library, meeting rooms, and the Carolina Club, a private membership club with dining and event spaces established in 1993 for alumni association members and UNC faculty and staff. The center is named for alumnus George Watts Hill (class of 1922), a successful business leader from Durham who donated $3.5 million toward the construction of the center. Hill's father, John Sprunt Hill, had also been a prominent donor to the university, funding the construction of the Carolina Inn and providing support to the university libraries.