Horney, Giles F., Building
Located on Airport Road, the Horney Building and its annex house physical plant and facilities support shops, offices, and work areas. Completed in 1962, it was named in honor of Giles Foushee Horney (1908—1986) in 1981. Horney, who worked for the university for forty-four years, served for twenty-nine years as superintendent of buildings and grounds. Horney was a champion for campus beautification and oversaw the installation of brick sidewalks in the 1950s.