Kenan Music Building
Opened in 2008, the Kenan Music Building was a part of the Arts Commons envisioned under Chancellor James Moeser, who led efforts to expand and upgrade facilities for the arts at UNC—Chapel Hill. The effort received substantial support from the Kenan Charitable Trust, which earned naming rights to the new building. The trust also provided funding for sixteen full scholarships for students studying music. According to Moeser, the facility provided students and faculty with first-class teaching and rehearsal spaces for the first time since 1930.