Kenan Residence Hall

Kenan Residence Hall was completed in 1939, at the same time as McIver Residence Hall, both of which would serve as women's dormitories for the rapidly expanding population of female students at Carolina. The building is named in honor of Mary Lily Kenan Flagler Bingham, whose bequest to the university in 1917 helped establish the Kenan Professorships.


Date Established: 1936

Date Range: 1936 – Present