McIver Residence Hall

McIver Residence Hall was part of a late-1930s rush to provide more on-campus housing for women students. It was completed in 1939, at the same time as neighboring Kenan Residence Hall, also built as a dormitory for women. The building is named for alumnus Charles Duncan McIver (class of 1881), who was the founder and the first president of the State Normal and Industrial School for Girls, the institution that is now UNC-Greensboro.


Date Established: 1939

Date Range: 1939 – Present