Opened as 1942, Miller was one of several new buildings constructed for the U.S. Navy pre-flight school on campus during World War II. Miller housed navy cadets and later UNC students before being converted to office space in 1950. In 2010 the building was demolished to facilitate repairs to underground steam tunnels. The site was then used to expand the parking lot of the Carolina Inn. Miller Hall was named for William Miller (1783—1825), who was the first North Carolina governor to have attended UNC.
Date Established: 1942
Date Range: 1942 – 2010