The interlocking "NC" logo has been associated with the university since at least the 1890s. It was used on uniforms worn by the early baseball and football teams and appears on sweaters worn by students in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. When UNC—Chapel Hill entered its first trademark and licensing agreement in 1982, the "NC" logo was one of the symbols registered by the university.
Date Established: 1900
Date Range: 1900 – Present