Whitehead Hall

Located next to the Carolina Inn, Whitehead was completed in 1938 as a dormitory for students in the medical school. Funded in part by money from the Public Works Administration, the dorm was part of a major expansion of on-campus housing for students. It is named for Richard Henry Whitehead, dean of the medical school and a professor of anatomy.