Carroll Hall opened in the spring of 1953, one of three new buildings to house the university's growing School of Business Administration (along with Hanes and Gardner). The building was named for Dudley Dewitt Carroll, the dean of the school; he took over as dean in 1919, when it was known as the School of Commerce, and stayed in the position for thirty-one years. The building was expanded in 1970, but it wasn't long before the business school began looking for a larger home, eventually moving to a new building on South Campus in 1997. The building was renovated and then occupied by the School of Journalism in 1999.
Date Established: 1953
Date Range: 1953 – Present