Cobb Residential Hall

When it opened in 1952, Cobb was the university's largest dorm, constructed at a cost of nearly $1 million and housing more than 400 students. The building is named for Collier Cobb, professor of geology for more than forty years. Cobb joined the faculty in 1892 and taught until shortly before his death in the 1934. When the building was named, Cobb's son, Collier Cobb Jr., was on the Board of Trustees Building Committee.


Date Established: 1952

Date Range: 1952 – Present