Taylor Campus Health Services Building
The student infirmary is named for James A. Taylor (class of 1939), a member of the student health service staff beginning in 1949. When Taylor took over as director of student health in 1971, he began advocating for a new facility, as well as the expansion of student health services. Under Taylor's leadership, UNC—Chapel Hill established its first sports medicine program and greatly expanded women's health services. The new Campus Health Services Building was completed in 1980 and was named for Taylor in 1988.